Saturday, November 26, 2011

The 'I' Clinic

I’ve always been intrigued by human behavior. As a lifelong observer of people, I pay particular attention to the words we use. Words can tell you a lot about a person. For example, when it comes to taking personal responsibility for things that happen in your life, the use or non-use of the personal pronoun “I” can tell you a lot about a person.

Those that shun personal responsibility often avoid taking responsibility by blaming everyone else for their problems. They’ll say “they,” “he,” or “she” did something to them, and will never say “I” when referring to the cause of their problems. Here’s my solution: Use more “I” statements. The more “I” statements you make, the more behavior you’ll own and personal responsibility you’ll accept. If you’re always blaming others for your life decisions, it’s time you join Dr. Sklare’s “I” Clinic and start taking more individual responsibility.

Wishing You Great Health,
Dr. John H. Sklare

No comments:

Post a Comment