Wednesday, December 1, 2010

O’Donnell: Hillary Should Run for President

Delaware Republican Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell isn’t going quietly into the night after her election defeat this month. She has let the nation know that she wants to see Secretary of State Hillary Clinton run for president in 2012, Politico reports.

In an interview on “Good Morning America,” O’Donnell said, “I hope she runs for president. I would love to see her take out Obama in the primary. You know, I would even be tempted to change my registration so that I could vote for her in the Democratic primary."

To be sure, that doesn’t mean O’Donnell wants to see Clinton as our next president. “I love everybody in the Republican side who's even considering throwing their hat in the ring, so I'd be happy with any candidate who gets the Republican nomination," she says. In particular, O’Donnell says she would gladly support ex-Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, who backed her Senate bid.

No comments:

Post a Comment