Saturday, December 18, 2010

Q&A - Could My Online Boyfriend Be 'The One'?

Q: I spoke on the phone with a man I met online. He wants to meet next week, but I’m not sure that he’ll show up, based on past experience. Should I get my hopes up? I’ve been single for a more than a year, and I’m tired of being alone. I don’t want to be disappointed. Could this be for real this time?

-Judith M.

A: Hi Judith,

There are few things more wonderful in life than making that special love connection with another person. And with the advent of the internet, you don’t even have to leave the house to find that special someone! The problem is that too many people stretch the truth when describing themselves online. And worse yet, some are simply prowling around, looking to take advantage of others, so you’re wise to be cautious. You ask, is this “for real this time”?

Of course, I have no way of knowing the answer to this question, Judith. I do wish I knew more about your life, such as your age. I’d see this situation differently if you’re a young woman in your early 20s, as opposed to a widow in your late 70s. For me, safety is rule No. 1. If you do decide to meet this man, choose a very public place and perhaps take a friend along. Call me suspicious but, as that old saying goes, I’d rather have you be safe than sorry. About this being “for real”: You’ll never truly know until you get to know this person over time.

Wishing You Great Health,
Dr. John H. Sklare
www.innerdiet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment