Monday, March 8, 2010

THE DECEIPT IN THE SYSTEM OF WORKMANS COMPENSATION

Hi it's Cat, I want to tell you my views on the Workman's Compensation System. I have been involved with this HORRID system since 1995. I was injured at work and then misdiagnosed for several years. I have RSD/CRPS and Fibromyalgia and a spine disease brought on from the RSD/CRPS, which you can read about the RSD and CRPS in another blog on my page here. I had doctors guess that I had Carpel Tunnel and Tinnitus in both hands and arms. Wrong, as I stated previously. I actually had the disease RSD/CRPS but I was treated for the other symptoms instead. All along I was getting worse as time went on, much worse. I had to get an Attorney to help me due to Workman's Comp., did not want to pay. They did however want me to see their doctors, who will say what ever the insurance company wants them to say, in the system their known as Work Whores. I had the rights to see my doctors and I took it, however it is a fight all the way to do this. Instead of the system working to help you, they will fight you all the way as you will continue to debilitate and your symptoms worsen daily. I had to fire a couple Attorney's along the way as I learned the system and found that the Attorneys in the Work., Comp system leave something to be desired. As I fought on a daily Monday thru Friday basis to get what I needed to help my self improve, my heath was worsening and I found that it was getting harder and harder to get authorization's for the medical necessities I needed. I started hating the system and you learn to hate it more and more each day as they torment you. Yet you have to learn to let this go and fight for what you need and not let them get to you. That is their intention, to drive you crazy and let you give up on them. Don't ever quit fighting and fight happily due to your going to win this battle in time, it can easily take five years. You will need to use all your strength to get thru this. You will actually get worse from the abuse from the Insurance companies and totally depressed from them. They however will not adhere to this, they will believe that you are cheating the system no matter what. Instead of treating you so you can get better, they will fight you tooth and nail as to not pay you any benefits. This is the problem with the system, they don't care at all about you they just don't want to pay anything on your behalf. I met a doctors assistant who worked previously for one of the biggest Insurance companies and she told me some Horror stories regarding the Work., Comp Insurance companies. I will not mention her name but she did tell me and another person I know very well unbelievable stories about the Insurance Co's.,. One thing she said was that the Insurance company agents get a $1,000.00 bonus and up for each person that they can get to go so crazy that they either give up, kill them selves or just plain stop needing service's for most any disgusting reason. I was appalled to hear what she had to say. But she said she use to have to do this and got so sick of it she had to quit after people committed suicide. I could believe the stories because I myself was living the madness. Anyone in the system understands what I am saying. It needs to be over hauled to help the injured worker and not feel as if we are out to rip them off. No one truly injured in the system is ripping them off, you can't live on what they give you. All you want is to get better and you can't because the Insurance Co., won't allow you to get the help you need. Instead you get fully depressed from their abuse and your body gets worse from the stress from the depression and your body just gets worse from not getting the medical help it needs due to the lack of help from the Insurance Companies. They are the reason we get worse and they refuse to help stop this insanity. I want to fight to get what we need. It's time for an over haul in the system! We don't want to live this way, we want to get better and to have a real life and be fully self sufficient. We can't be on what they pay you, your struggling to live. You can't work and actually want to. It is not a good feeling when people say " what do you do for a living " and you have to answer I am disabled, it is demeaning. We want to get back to work and have a normal life and mostly not be in pain or injured in any way. It is not how anyone wants to live. It is disgusting that any one can actually believe that we want to live like this. You are crazier than the psychiatrist's you send us to, to get the testing done for how we are doing if you actually believe this, in my opinion. If you think we want to fake pain that is crazy. We want to be better and not have to live like this. Health is a blessing and if you don't have it you loose everything important in life. You can't function properly and we want to live with out pain but we need help to get better, not a fight to make it impossible to regain our health. It is time to stop this wrecked system that is ruining lives every where. It is time to start fighting back and stop these Insurance companies from ruining our lives and stopping us from re-gaining our health. I am asking that we fight together here and start to take back are health! This is a place to vent your frustrations and expressions. I want to hear from all of you injured workers wanting to make it a better system. Thank you for your time and care in this matter, Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment