Sunday, March 7, 2010

RSD/CRPS OTHER WISE KNOWN AS REFLEX SYMPATHEIC DYSTROPHY OR COMPLEX REGIONAL PAIN SYNDROME

Hi it's CAT here again. This moment's topic is RSD/CRPS, Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy / Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome. I myself have this horrid disease. I also have Fibromyalgia, also called Fibro assoc; with Fibro Fog. Both these disease's are very similar and can be obtained from one another. I have been to the best doctors in Florida, or in the world in my opinion, DR. Hooshang Hooshmand and DR. Hashmi. They taught me the most from this disease's RSD/CRPS and living with it has taught me the most. I taught myself about Fibromyalgia which I got from RSD/CRPS and they are very similar. RSD/CRPS is the most painful disease there is known to man, in my opinion and other's who have it. It is also very debilitating and can be different in every person. I use to have horrid swelling and after seeing DR. Hooshmand and having IV Mannitol treatments for a while I have had much less swelling, however I do still swell just much less a lot of the time. I hate this disease with a passion as does everyone who has this. RSD/CRPS has many symptoms, I will describe some of them to you. Imagine having a roaring fire next to you, then imagine standing in it, and never being able to get out of it again in your life, that is one symptom. It feels like your skin is on fire, then it feels like one area of your body will feel more like lava than fire. Then that lava feeling will last a while and move on to another area of the fire in your body and cause more lava feelings in another area of your body. Another symptom is as if someone was stabbing you with a butcher knife over and over all over the area of the body you have the disease in. Another symptom is like having a really bad toothache all over your body where ever you have the disease as I have it in all of my extremities. I have even felt the burning in my pubic bone area and my butt bone on many occasions, that is the worse feeling and it comes and goes but the burning and all the other symptoms are constant and excruciating. Another symptom is like having electrical shocks in your body, I get them in the areas of all of my extremities, it feels like fire crackers going off in my body, in my opinion. Also you feel like you have the flu constantly, it's hard to tell when your really sick with a virus or just RSD/CRPS. There are more symptoms to this disease also. This is a horrid way to live and there are more than nine ( 9 ) million people in the U.S.A., who have this disease. This is a terrible way to have to live and a lot of those millions of people who have this disease are children and in my opinion this is no way a child should have to live! There is not enough funding to find a cure for this disease. I am wanting to talk to a lot of people regarding RSD / CRPS and Fibromyalgia here on my blog. I am hoping that I will be able to help someone by sharing what I have learned on these disease's and about good and bad doctors to treat with. I also feel I may help someone by giving you a place to talk about what your feeling. The most important thing I can tell you is to be positive. This is a new way of life and you have to accept it and feel that it is OK to still be going on with life. There are still many beautiful things to see everyday in life and you can't live depressed which is very easy to do when your hurting so much constantly. You loose your job and your whole life changes but you still must remain positive and see all the wonderful things in life everyday no matter what! This is the most important thing I can say because depression is part of these disease's. I hope I can help someone or many people, or if anything at least you have a place to vent here or meet new friends. For what is a stranger but a friend you haven't met yet, that is one of my favorite saying's. Take a moment for yourself and treat yourself to something kind and good. I also want you to know that your diet is very important to getting better. You need to eat healthy, it effects you a great deal. You need to eat a lot of vegtables and fruit and chicken and try not to eat fried foods and try to stay away from sugar, mayonaise, white flour, tobacco, chocolate ( sorry ) there is a diet for these disease's. If you go to www.rsdrx.com you will find the most important information you can get on these disease's! I feel an acupuncturist (I prefer from Asia ) who has studied for years can be helpful for pain management. You need a great pain management doctor, it is very important to pick good doctors. I need epidurals and trigger points for pain control, I try to use as little medication as possible because it can be damaging as well but I do use medication. I don't use narcotics as they are more damaging than good and a better doctor will agree. I hope I can give good ideas to others for helping yourself, due to I am very understanding to these disease's and have had them since 1995. i am not a doctor and don't offer medical treatment I am just, HereForYou and I hope you will use this blog to help your self. I will talk on this subject but I hope we can get a place to come and help one another. Thank You For Your Time and Take Great Care of Yourself! CAT

1 comment:

  1. Most people don't understand much about CRPS. Sharing your story will certainly help them gain some insight into what you're going through and the depth of pain involved. Stay strong Cat and don't lose hope!
    crps pain

    ReplyDelete